Nicholas Perez, R.Ph.
St. Francisville, Louisiana
Speaks Spanish and can provide full consults in Spanish.
- B.S. Pharmacy – University of Louisiana-Monroe
- March 1999 to present: Community Pharmacist for Fred's Pharmacies, Rite-Aid and CVS
Pain Management Consultant Pharmacist to three sugical centers specializing in pain management
- 1982 to 1999 - Owner, Nick Perez & Associates
- President, Louisiana Retailers Association
- CEO of the state’s trade association for the retail industry - Represented the LA retail pharmacy industry in Washington and on National Association of Chain Drug Stores committees, and represented NACDS on Louisiana legislation.
Chief government relations officer responsible for the association’s legislative agenda.
- Author and editor of all publications, communications to members, and public relations releases.
- Official spokesperson responsible for all media appearances and comments.
- Association Management:
Development membership from 200 members to 2000+ members.
Increased annual revenues seven fold.
Dramatically grew cash reserves.
- Legislation/government relations:
Passage of the Slip & Fall Acts of 1990 and 1996.
Passage of the Credit Reciprocity Act allowing retailers to be
considered financial institutions for retail credit purposes.
Maintaining experience rating for low-wage stable employers in the
unemployment compensation reform act.
Preserved the sellers’ immunity in the products liability reform act.
Passage of civil restitution for any recipient of NSF checks.
Successfully petitioned against proposed meat fee/tax by Department of Agriculture.
Preserved vendors’ compensation allowance and provided a
source of funding for economic development.
- Publications/media relations:
Grew newsletter from 1 page quarterly to 12-page monthly.
Developed a 4-hour turnaround on critical communication to members.
- Dale Carnegie Courses:
Human Relations Course
Instructed classes per year as an avocation
- 1965 to 1980 - Pharmaceutical and Hospital Representative, Abbott Laboratories
Sales Course gradate
- American Pharmacist Association